At our 2019 Independent Finance & Factoring Roundtable, we will kick off with sessions on Wednesday, May 8, before our Opening Reception. After a full day of content on Thursday, May 9, join your colleagues at our networking dinner.
Registration Fee: $945
*Registration is limited to senior-level employees of Commercial Finance Association Member Organizations.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Round Table Session - Succession Planning
An interactive discussion of the reasons for, value of, and options for succession of a business. Topics will include:
- Management Succession – considerations for your executive team and operating management, assessing the needs, do you hire or develop internally, do you buy/sell the business, other
- Ownership Succession – weighing your options: selling the business and to what sort of buyer (strategic, financial, management), family succession options, winding down
Moderator: Terry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.3:30 pm - 3:45 pmCoffee Break3:45 pm - 4:45 pmRound Table Session - Selling, Buying & What a Company is Worth
A dynamic discussion about the state of the market, recent transactions, and valuation trends with Tim Stute, Hovde Financial. Followed by a panel discussion with Wayne Coker, Advantage Business:
- I am thinking about selling. What attributes does an investor/buyer seek? What are the different types of investors/buyers? How does an investor/buyer determine value?
- I am thinking about buying. What should I expect? What should I be doing and when? How do I figure out what a target is worth?
- Advisors - Do I need them? Legal, accounting, investment banker, other
Moderator: Terry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.5:30 pm - 7:00 pmOpening Reception
Thursday, May 9, 20197:45 am - 4:30 pmRegistration9:30 am - 10:00 amBreakfast & Speed Dating Session -Time to meet some new faces and make some new friends
- Grab coffee, get out of your comfort zone and meet your peers
- This is a great opportunity to briefly meet others at the conference and build your network
- No stress, just good conversation before we start tackling the harder topics.
Moderators: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW FundingTerry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.10:00 am - 11:00 amRound Table Session - Human Capital
Employees—They are the #1 key to growth and profitability--An open and dynamic conversation related to a company’s most valuable asset…human capital. Topics will include:
- Mission, vision and values - how do you get employee buy-in and how do you sustain it?
- What do you want to accomplish with your team of people?
- Cultivating, motivating and growing employees
- Creating a growth oriented environment
- Managing varied talent and age groups
Moderators: Bryan Ballowe Managing Partner, TradeCap PartnersTerry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.11:00 am - 11:30 amCoffee Break11:30 am - 12:30 pmRound Table Session - Why is everyone talking about Supply Chain Finance?
- Supply chain finance is not purchase order financing.
- How difficult is it to implement supply chain finance?
- Use Supply Chain Finance to retain clients, grow LOC utilization and increase fee income.
Moderator: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW Funding12:30 pm - 1:30 pmLunch1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Round Table Session - Evolving tech trends that should be on your radar
- Keep up-to-date on the latest tech trends driving efficiency and revenue.
- What are the latest tech trends for operations and marketing?
- Hear what others have tried. What is working? What is not?
Moderator: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW Funding2:30 pm - 3:00 pmCoffee Break3:00 pm - 4:00 pmLegal Round Table Session - Things You Shouldn’t Finance, and Why
Topics of discussion to include
- PACA / USDA Regulations – perishable agricultural commodities.
- Packers and Stockyards Acts – Livestock, meat, and poultry.
- Horses, Dogs and anything that eats and produces “fertilizer”.
Additional topics related to wire fraud - missed directed funds through compromised emails.
Moderator: James McArthur, Executive Vice President, Magnolia Financial
Panelists: Gary Krasna, Principal, Gary Krasna, P.A.
Laurie Martin Montplaisir, Partner, Robbins, Salomon & Patt, Ltd.
Jeffrey Wurst, Shareholder, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C.
Wells Fargo Dinner
Join your fellow senior executives in Nashville to share insights and problem solve in our intimate round table setting.