At our 2019 Independent Finance & Factoring Roundtable, we will kick off with sessions on Wednesday, May 8, before our Opening Reception. After a full day of content on Thursday, May 9, join your colleagues at our networking dinner.
Registration Fee: $945
*Registration is limited to senior-level employees of Commercial Finance Association Member Organizations.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Round Table Session - Succession Planning
An interactive discussion of the reasons for, value of, and options for succession of a business. Topics will include:
- Management Succession – considerations for your executive team and operating management, assessing the needs, do you hire or develop internally, do you buy/sell the business, other
- Ownership Succession – weighing your options: selling the business and to what sort of buyer (strategic, financial, management), family succession options, winding down
Moderator: Terry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.
Daniel Tortoriello, EVP/COO, North Mill Capital3:30 pm - 3:45 pmCoffee Break3:45 pm - 4:45 pmRound Table Session - Selling, Buying & What a Company is Worth
A dynamic discussion about the state of the market, recent transactions, and valuation trends with Tim Stute, Hovde Financial. Followed by a panel discussion with Wayne Coker, Advantage Business:
- I am thinking about selling. What attributes does an investor/buyer seek? What are the different types of investors/buyers? How does an investor/buyer determine value?
- I am thinking about buying. What should I expect? What should I be doing and when? How do I figure out what a target is worth?
- Advisors - Do I need them? Legal, accounting, investment banker, other
Moderator: Terry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.5:30 pm - 7:00 pmOpening Reception
Thursday, May 9, 20198:30 am - 4:30 pmRegistration9:30 am - 10:00 amBreakfast & Speed Dating Session -Time to meet some new faces and make some new friends
- Grab coffee, get out of your comfort zone and meet your peers
- This is a great opportunity to briefly meet others at the conference and build your network
- No stress, just good conversation before we start tackling the harder topics.
Moderators: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW FundingTerry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.10:00 am - 11:00 amRound Table Session - Human Capital
Employees—They are the #1 key to growth and profitability--An open and dynamic conversation related to a company’s most valuable asset…human capital. Topics will include:
- Mission, vision and values - how do you get employee buy-in and how do you sustain it?
- What do you want to accomplish with your team of people?
- Cultivating, motivating and growing employees
- Creating a growth oriented environment
- Managing varied talent and age groups
Moderators: Bryan Ballowe Managing Partner, TradeCap PartnersTerry Keating, President & CEO, Accord Financial Inc.11:00 am - 11:30 amCoffee Break11:30 am - 12:30 pmRound Table Session - Why is everyone talking about Supply Chain Finance?
- Supply chain finance is not purchase order financing.
- How difficult is it to implement supply chain finance?
- Use Supply Chain Finance to retain clients, grow LOC utilization and increase fee income.
Moderator: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW Funding12:30 pm - 1:30 pmLunch1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Round Table Session - Evolving tech trends that should be on your radar
- Keep up-to-date on the latest tech trends driving efficiency and revenue.
- What are the latest tech trends for operations and marketing?
- Hear what others have tried. What is working? What is not?
Moderator: Robyn Barrett, Managing Member, FSW Funding2:30 pm - 3:00 pmCoffee Break3:00 pm - 4:00 pmLegal Round Table Session - Things You Shouldn’t Finance, and Why
Topics of discussion to include
- PACA / USDA Regulations – perishable agricultural commodities.
- Packers and Stockyards Acts – Livestock, meat, and poultry.
- Horses, Dogs and anything that eats and produces “fertilizer”.
Additional topics related to wire fraud - missed directed funds through compromised emails.
Moderator: James McArthur, Executive Vice President, Magnolia Financial
Panelists: Gary Krasna, Principal, Gary Krasna, P.A.
Laurie Martin Montplaisir, Partner, Robbins, Salomon & Patt, Ltd.
Jeffrey Wurst, Shareholder, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C.
Thank you to our Sponsor
Wells Fargo Dinner
Join your fellow senior executives in Nashville to share insights and problem solve in our intimate round table setting.