This dynamic two day course will give new relationship managers a solid foundation to effectively manage secured credit facilities of all sizes. Via interactive lessons led by seasoned industry professionals, participants will gain valuable technical skills to address loan restructures, anticipate credit issues, and mitigate risk. Participants will also learn to navigate the finer points of relationship management, such as negotiating credit provisions and leading a syndicate of lenders.
Sending multiple people? Contact Jeff Walsh for a group discount.
Tuesday, June 19 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 20 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
A continental breakfast will be served each morning at 8:30 a.m. The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will be provided.
Emily Carroll, SVP, Regional Underwriting Manager, PNC Business Credit
Brandi Whittington, VP, Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo Capital Finance
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the primary responsibilities of relationship managers and the importance of the role within their organization
- Analyze a borrower’s collateral and financial trends to identify potential credit issues or fraud
- Recognize the credit implications of a borrower’s request and know how to respond appropriately
- Recommend the terms of a loan restructure and negotiate key provisions
- Respond appropriately to field exam recommendations
- Manage key internal and external relationships, including unique issues in leading a syndicate of lenders
- Avoid lender liability
To learn more, click here.
Who should attend
Program Level: Beginners
Relationship managers with 0-4 years of experience in the role, and anyone who is interested in learning more about relationship management.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
The Commercial Finance Association reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
We recognize that plans can change due to business priorities, and we will work with you to find another workshop date that better suits your schedule. In order to receive a refund, you must submit written notification no less than five business days prior to the program start date.
CPE / CLE
Recommended CPE Credits:
Commercial Finance Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org