Underwriting is far more than gathering data and calculating ratios. You need to make judgments about how to manage risk, and these are best when based in experience. Join the CFA Underwriting Fundamentals program from your desk and learn how industry leaders think through credit issues and manage risk.
Highlights of the program include senior ABL executives taking you through credit committee reports and explaining their thought processes. If you are just starting in Underwriting, or if you interested in learning from the best, now is the time!
To register for the full program, click the Register Now button. To register for an individual workshop, click the workshop title.
Tuesday, July 10 - Financial Statement Essentials
Thursday, July 12 - Collateral and Cash Flow Statement Essentials
Tuesday, July 17 - Due Diligence Essentials
Thursday, July 19 - Essentials of the Role
Tuesday, July 24 - Exits and Inventory Essentials
Thursday, July 26 - Credit Report Essentials
All workshops are 90 minutes, from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
For more information, click here.
Sending multiple people? Contact Jeff Walsh for a group discount.
What You Will Learn
- A thorough and systematic overview of the key aspects of ABL underwriting
- How to deepen awareness and understanding of assessing risks
- How to develop deeper questioning skills to identify inconsistencies and potential fraud
- How to develop a stronger ability to propose strategies to minimize the key risks for that client and report effectively to a credit committee
- How to supplement and enhance on-the-job learning and internal training programs
Who Should Attend
Program Level: Basic
Recommended for professionals starting in an underwriting role, underwriters, credit professionals, business development officers, and other asset-based lending professionals.
Refund / Cancellation Fee
The Commercial Finance Association reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
We recognize that plans can change due to business priorities, and we will work with you to find another workshop date that better suits your schedule. In order to receive a refund, you must submit written notification no less than five business days prior to the program start date