In 2013, the CFA Women in Commercial Finance Committee was formed in order to support women involved in asset-based lending and factoring. In 2013, Jennifer Sheasgreen of Triumph Healthcare Finance served as Chairperson; Kathleen Lepak, of People’s United Business Capital, heads the committee as Chairperson this year, with Jennifer Sheasgreen as Vice Chairperson. Andrea Petro of Wells Fargo Capital Finance has served as Officer Liaison both years. The Committee has over 60 members, making it CFA’s largest committee.
During the past year, the Women in Commercial Finance Committee has worked on a number of endeavors including:
• Securing Sallie Krawcheck, business leader at Ellevate and previously the president for Bank of America Wealth Management, as a speaker for the 70th Annual CFA Convention, which included time for networking
• Hosting a breakfast for members of the Committee during the 70th Annual CFA Convention
• Holding regional events in cooperation with CFA’s local chapters to provide networking and education on a more local level
• Naming two winners for the 2nd Annual Women in Commercial Finance Essay Contest: Julia Loney and Allison Wong of McMillan, for their piece, A Crude Wake Up Call: What The Price of Oil Means for Reserve-Based Lending.
• Creating a mentor program that will connect young professionals to a seasoned industry professional
The success of the Women in Commercial Finance Committee is evidenced by the opportunities made to those involved and the continuing connections made by members of the group.
For information about joining the Committee, please contact
~ CFA staff liaison Michele Ocejo, 212-792-9396, email@example.com
~ Committee Chairperson, Kate Lepak, People's United Business Capital,